The Racine Public Library Renovation represented the most dramatic update to the space in 30 years. Rasch Construction was the general contractor for this project designed by Product Architecture + Design out of Chicago, Illinois. Among the most noticeable additions were the new flooring, lighting, painting, and installation of fabric panels on the walls throughout the 29,300 square-foot renovation area. Rasch’s contributions to the renovation included:
- Installing a new staircase from the first to the second floor with a new entrance on Lake Street.
- Updating the “Beyond the Book” area with new displays and shelving to house games, tools, and other items.
- Creating a new, modern “Teen Space” with colorful nooks and booths for studying, including Mac and PC workstations.
- Expanding the “Innovation Lab” with new workstations to make it easier to join STEM workshops, 3D printing, laser engraving, and virtual reality.
- Creating a new state-of-the-art “Audio Room” with a soundproof voiceover booth and separate recording workstation.
- Updating open seating throughout the second floor, including new carpet and paint.
- The refresh also offers a new “Community Kitchen, Meeting Rooms, and Business Center” equipped with whiteboards and AV technology.
Gallery Photo Credit: McShane Fleming Photography Studio